Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Have y'all ever had the chicken lettuce wraps from P. F. Changs? They are delicious! My mom and I have been known to make a meal out of them even though they are supposed to be appetizers (there's nothing wrong with ordering two of the same appetizer!)

Oh, we do!
Unfortunately, we don't have a P.F. Chang's here in Columbia so these are not often within my reach. Luckily, thanks to skinnytaste, I have found something to satisfy my cravings. I give to you

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture but this is exactly what ours looked like!

Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 taco wraps  Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 134.1 • Fat: 1.7 g • Carb: 9.7 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Protein: 21.3 g • Sugar: 4.3


Ingredients: 

  • 1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 small onion, minced
  • 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 4 oz can tomato sauce
  • 8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce

Directions: 

Brown turkey in a large skillet. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.Add onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.

Wash and dry the lettuce. Place meat in the center of leaf and top with tomatoes, cheese and salsa or whatever you prefer. (Toppings extra points)

Skinnytaste is one of my favorite blogs that I follow. She creates amazing dishes that are healthy and she lists weight watcher's points as well as nutritional facts. So helpful! And if you aren't big on the health craze, don't worry, you can still totally utilize this recipe. You can use any type of meat you want but this homemade taco seasoning is hard to beat! We enjoyed the guilt-less turkey option but I could easily cook this with ground beef for a house full of guys who could care less about diets and they would be thoroughly satisfied. They are also super easy and quick to throw together. Yum! Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment