Sunday, March 4, 2012

First day and lingerie

Well, my first day was a success! I didn't actually do anything... I met a lot of new people and promptly forgot all of their names (by the end of the day I could identify at least three by name and face so that is progress). I have lots of clients already lined up and I'll jump in feet first tomorrow morning. So far so good!

Last night I went to a bachelorette party for my friend Mary Katherine. Kat and I met in grad school and our group of girls grew to be pretty close because we saw each other all day every day. Since graduation we haven't seen each other as much so it was nice to get all of the girls together last night. We started the night with a lingerie shower, some hors d'oeuvres, and lots of cocktails. It was very entertaining and Kat got some great stuff that her fiancee will love on the honeymoon ;) As the drinks started flowing the raunchy, bachelorette games began. I'm talking pin the junk on the hunk, penis straws, the whole nine yards.

Keeping it classy.
Eventually we made it downtown to do a little bar hopping. Kat had a list of dares to complete and she was a champ and did them all. I give her major credit for having the guts to do some of those things and she maintained her lady-like demeanor throughout. The same could not be said for the guys who helped her out with those dares but it made for a very entertaining evening. I wish I could tell you I took any pictures but I didn't. I suck. But I'm sure some will make their way onto fbook soon where I will steal them and share the g-rated ones with you. Summer, one of the bridesmaids and part of our cohort, hosted the party with Kat's sister and she did a great job! She's been to quite a few of these things so she knew what she was doing and pulled out all of the stops. I had a blast, drank more than I should have, and loved seeing all of the girls again. I can't wait for the wedding in April, it will definitely be a good time with that crowd and their significant others. Very excited for Kat!

I'm getting ready for my first forty hour week tomorrow and its a little daunting. I don't know how I'm going to do with this whole 8:30-5 thing but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Unfortunately, it will negatively affect the amount of blogs I write but I'll try my best to update when I can. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment