Thursday, March 1, 2012

This is it!

Today is my last day of freedom until I get bitch slapped by reality when I start my new job tomorrow. OH yes, the day has finally come. Tomorrow, my unemployment ends and my employment begins! I have to be there bright and early at 8:30 a.m. and I'm definitely nervous/excited and I have no idea what to expect so wish me luck! While, I'm excited to finally have a job there are a few things that I will miss about unemployment...

What I'll miss about unemployment
-My couch
-My DVR
-No schedule
-Staying up late
-Sleeping in late
-No alarms
-Getting lunch with Dt whenever I want
-Being able to travel where I want
-Freedom
-Not having to put on nice clothes everyday (norts? yes please!)
-Reading on the porch
-Reading too many blogs
-Experimenting in the kitchen
-Being home when Dt gets home
-Going to the gym midday
-Daily naptime (you can judge but I know you're jealous)


What I won't miss about being unemployed
-Being broke
-Boredom
-Having no money
-Not being able to go shopping
-Hanging out by myself bc everyone else is at work
-Stressing about money
-Everybody asking if I have a job yet
-Everybody suggesting random jobs I could get that I have no interest in (don't do this people, it's annoying. If someone you know is unemployed, with an advance degree, they want to work in that advance degree's field. Not with your cousin at an accounting firm. The thought is nice, but it is zero help and just stresses them out more. kthanx.)

While being unemployed was great over the summer after being in college/grad school for 6 years straight, it got old pretty fast. I was in dire need of a break after school ended so the summer was used mostly for recharging. I enjoyed having down time, all the money I had saved up, and the freedom to go where I want when I wanted and to lay out all day long if I felt the desire to do so. But after August, and my family's vacation, things got a little more serious. I realized I had to save what money I had left because jobs weren't as easy to come by as I thought and I didn't know how long I needed it to last. This meant that while I had free time to do fun things and spend money, I could not do anything because I didn't know when my job would come along and I needed to save as much as possible.

via
I ended up getting a retail job during the holidays to pay for presents and bulk up my bank account but by the time the new year rolled around, I was still unemployed and losing hope. I kept applying for jobs, praying, and hoping and I finally got an interview! Then, within three weeks, I had a job offer and two more interviews! It was feast or famine, I'm telling you. I ended up taking the job for the first interview I had and that is what I will be starting tomorrow. After about 10 months of unemployment, I've found a job, in the field I went to school for, doing exactly what I want to do. I think it was worth the wait and I can't wait to see what this job has in store for me! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment