Monday, February 13, 2012

And the big announcement is...

I GOT A JOB!!!


As you may or may not know, I've been looking for a job since I graduated in May. Yes, I've been looking for a long time. I went to graduate school for marriage and family counseling so that is the field that I've been looking in. I've also been pretty set on staying in Columbia (even though it's my least favorite town) because Dt is still in school and we live together. And yes, I'm fully aware of how dumb it sounds to plan your life around your boyfriend and you can judge me all you want, I understand, I probably would too. But I've been dating the kid for 6 years, I know he's my future, and I based my decision on that. So it's been a long time coming, but I finally found a counseling job here in Columbia!

I'll be a full time mental health counselor and I'll be working mostly with children and their families. I will also be able to get the supervision that I need to get my professional license for free which is awesome. I'm very excited but nervous at the same time. There are billions of questions running through my head...

How will I handle the 8:30-5 workday?
What will my office look like?
Will I be able to handle the huuuuuge caseload?
Will I be overwhelmed by the paperwork?
Who will I eat lunch with?
When will I go to the gym?
Will I make any friends?
How crazy will my clients be?
Am I getting paid enough?
How will this job affect the rest of my career?

You know, just the basic questions anyone would ask themselves when they accept their first full-time, grown-up job. I know I have a lot to learn but I'm so ready to get my career started and take the first step towards becoming the counselor I know I can be. I don't plan on sharing too much about my job on here, there are lots of privacy issues involved but I will try to keep you updated on some things. It will be a big change but I'm ready for it and glad to have my friends and family for support when I need it. 

In other news...

What did y'all think of the Grammy's? To tell you the truth, I was a little disappointed. There were some things that I loved but I definitely fast forwarded through others. First of all, I adore Adele! I think she has an amazing talent and she deserved to sweep the Grammy's so, good for her. She's also beautiful and I was digging her hair last night. 

Via
I also enjoyed Katy Perry's performance. To be honest, I've been completely sick of her lately (and the blue hair could be left at home) but I enjoyed finally hearing a new song and she took a jab or two at her ex which was entertaining. 

Via
My beloved T-swizzle left something to be desired though... we've seen her perform Mean before and I would have loved to see something new. But I thought her dress was pretty so points for that.

Via
And finally, Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston was beautiful. 



I was so sad to hear of Whitney's passing. What a tragic end to a wonderful life and talent. I can't imagine what her family, especially her daughter, is going through and I think they deserve their privacy. I also think that people who are judging her for her battle with drugs (whether that was the cause of death or not) are disgusting. She dealt with struggles that we will never understand and no one will know what exactly was going on with her. So, either mourn her or move on, don't speak ill of the dead. RIP Whitney. 

As far as misses... I don't care for The Foo Fighters or Bruce Springsteen. I'm usually a fan of Nicki Minaj but she went a little crazy last night. Sir Paul was a little slow for me, I would have preferred a classic. I think the whole show was a little slow actually but I was glad we didn't have to put up with Lady Gaga's antics for a change. All in all, there were highs and lows but not my favorite year for the Grammys. 

And last but not least, tomorrow is Valentine's Day if you didn't know. How do you feel about this "holiday?" Personally, I'm for it! Yes, I think couples should do romantic things for each other throughout the entire year but one day dedicated to flowers, chocolate, and love is okay by me. Dt and I are laying low this year but I know that he has a little surprise for me when I get home from work tonight so I'm excited to see what that will be. 

I'm also excited for this movie


Rachel McAdams is one of my all-time favorite actresses and she kills these romantic movies (hello Notebook) so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I hope y'all have a fabulous Valentine's Day, whether you believe in it or not, and give a little bit of love to those around you!

1 comment:

  1. NO ONE better judge you for basing your life around your heart, and DT is your heart. So dont let anyone tell you its wrong.
    So PROUD of you!

    love the little sister

    ReplyDelete