Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's happening, hot stuff?

Sorry I have been M.I.A. from this here blog for a bit. I've been working on that whole finding a job thing, silly me. I also haven't had very many exciting things happening in my life or my kitchen so I haven't been bitten by the blog bug recently. To be honest, I still don't have much to update on but here's what's been happ-a-ning!

First of all, I've been painting my nails a lot. Before you judge, remember that I'm a housegirlfriend which means many thing. First of which is the fact that I have zero moolah to pay a lovely asian to do my nails for me. Second of which is that I have an ungodly amount of nail polish most of which I've never actually used. And lastly, we all know we're jealous of those bishes on pinterest who are baller at painting their nails (which I have my suspicions may be photoshopped...)



All courtesy of Pinterest
So I've been experimenting with all of my nail polishes and have had some fabulous success. I'm getting really good at this nail painting thing (my right hand still looks a little rougher than my left but I'm seeing improvement). I wish I had documented some of the colors that I love but they don't photograph well and they aren't name brand polishes so you can't find them in most stores and they don't even have names for the colors. Weird, I know, but I'm pretty sure Mom bought those big sets of nail polishes from CVS to stuff our stockings with so it's really less sketchy than it sounds.

Yesterday I tried out a new color. I've been on the hunt for a good purple and the essie one I have looks black on my nails which gives off a gothic vibe so I tried another random purple that I found in my polish stash. I was hoping it would turn out to be a nice deep purple but this is what I got.

Not perfect but I'm getting better... (please excuse the chubby fingers, barf!)
How about that purple! Sheesh! I feel like a 13 year old girl who is playing in her mom's makeup and thinks blue eyeshadow is a good look. Who wears this color on her fingers?!?! It's an intense purple but whatever, I'm rocking it. If anyone asks, it's to support my school on national signing day because let's face it, we're looking at another top ten recruitment season. Go Tigers!

This past weekend I spent Saturday helping my little sister move into a new apartment. It was a little last minute but I think she's going to love it and enjoy the freedom not living in a sorority house will give her. Very exciting! 

Isn't she adorbz?
In other news, this weekend Dt and I will be hosting his 14 year old wrestling state champion brother. Now I ask you, what do two twenty-somethings living sin do with a 14 year old for four days? He's coming tomorrow night and staying until at least Saturday if not Sunday. We need ideas!

In addition to babysitting this weekend, Dt and I will definitely be watching the Superbowl. We aren't the biggest NFL fans (we live for college football if you couldn't tell) but we always watch for in order to get our bit of football we can and know what people are talking about when it comes to the commercials. In addition to the commercials, my family are huge Giants fans so I actually kinda care who wins this one. I'm also a Manning family fan so that's always fun to cheer for. Knowing me, you know that I will definitely be whipping up some sort of cooking storm. I haven't decided exactly what I'll be making but it will not be diet-friendly I'm sure. Hey, it's the last chance we get to eat "tailgating food" until August. I think it will be ok. 

I hope you all have a great rest of the week and weekend, go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment