Saturday, April 14, 2012

Birchbox

Ok, I've been promising a birchbox review since I started this blog and have yet to deliver. Well, lucky for you, I've finally gotten on the ball!

Birchbox
Before I go on, I should probably cover all my bases and explain what exactly this is. Birchbox is a company that sends out 5-6 samples of all sorts of beauty products to subscribers each month. Every month there are different products and you can buy the full sized products on the website. It's only $10 a month and a great idea if you are looking for new products to try. It's really quite genius if you think about it...

So I've been getting these boxes-o-fun since December and let me tell you when you open your mailbox and that beautiful little pink box is looking back at you, it will make your day! Even if its a box full of crap you'll never actually use which were the first few boxes for me unfortunately.

Ok. So my first box was fun only because it was new and exciting but  other than that, there wasn't actually much in it I was going to use. Sadsies. 



The first one, the crazy hot pink lip gloss, is actually not as crazy as it looks. This is the Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss.  It goes on as a very subtle pink. Moisturizing? I don't know about that but it doesn't dry your lips out and it's not sticky which is always nice. Like I said, these are samples so they are very small but this lip gloss will fit well in a wristlet if you don't want to take a huge purse and still want to touch up while you are out. You can buy the full size here

The second product is the L'Oreal Professional Mythic Oil. I actually liked this product a lot and use it pretty regularly to calm all my fly-aways my head is full of. I apply it to my damp hair and it does a great job of taming. It also smells good which is always a plus. The downside is that the full sized bottle available on the website is a whopping $32 which is too much for a 4 oz bottle when my Paul Mitchell product just as good of a job and smells even better. Oh well. I will use this sample up though!

Other than that, my December box was kinda a bust. The rest of the products were double stick tape (which I'm sure I'll use at one point), a fragrance that didn't do anything for me, a facial cleanser, and some water flavoring. If I use these things in the future and they surprise me, I will definitely let you know!

Since I'm a couple boxes behind, I'm only going to touch on the ones I actually like and then maybe I'll keep up with this idea and do it once every month. That's the plan at least, who knows where it will actually go! Until I catch up though I'm just going to put a review up every week with some of the products I like. Don't worry, the boxes have gotten better! 

Do you get birchbox? Which products do you love/hate? Any I'm missing out on?

No comments:

Post a Comment