Monday, December 5, 2011

ACC Champs Baby!


First and foremost, I would like to announce that my Clemson Tigers are the Atlantic Coast Conference Champions! Wooooooo! I’m so proud of our team for pulling through when we needed it and I am glad we are able to bring this championship back home for the first time in 20 years. This also means we are taking our talents to Miami for the Orange Bowl.



Way to go boys!

I should also mention that one aspect of my football team that I just can’t get enough of is our coach, Dabo Swinney. I love this man (and dt is fully aware of his competition). I love that he loves his team, our university, and everything that is Clemson. He has gotten a lot of flack over the last week because of some comments that he made about our school when he was asked to respond to something that idiot Spurrier said (which they are now denying, but let’s be real, he’s an ass!). Dabo may have said a little more than was necessary but he didn’t say anything that wasn’t true and he made many Clemson alumni proud to have him as our coach.

(Photo by Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images)

I’m also glad that we have a little break between now and the bowl games to give some teams the time to cool down. Over the last two weeks I have heard more insults and smack talking about my team than I care to. I happen to live in Columbia, which is 99% gamecock country. So I’m used to being surrounded by these fans and I enjoy talking smack as much as the next person. I will defend Clemson until the day I die but I believe in representing our school in the classiest way possible. The problem is that a lot of people forget that when we are insulting other teams, we are representing our team in a negative way. I’ll admit, sometimes I throw a low blow or two towards a gamecock, but it’s never out of the blue and it’s never to someone who is being respectful to me. One thing that I have learned over the last few weeks is that while smack talking is fun and adds to the beauty of college football (or any sport for that matter, this is just the main one that I follow), you have to be aware of who you are engaging in this entertaining pastime with. Some (maybe most) people can dish it out all day but can’t take it for one minute. And that is their problem but, as I found out, you need to be able to walk away from these hypocrites because it will only get you into trouble. Hopefully, facebook and twitter will calm down over the next couple of weeks so I can refrain from de-friending people I actually like during the other 8 months of the year.

Rant finished. Oh, and Go Tigers!


Love, Em

1 comment:

  1. So so so true about trash talking. Some people just can't take it. GO TIGERS!!!!

    ReplyDelete