Wednesday, December 21, 2011

RIP Poor Deer :(

Last night on my way home from work at 11:30 at night, I hit a poor deer with my car. I have never gotten into a real accident, never hit anything, and I consider myself a really good driver so this scared the beejeezus out of me! I was a hundred yards from my turn off and saw the deer, tried to slow down but I still hit it. I had a mild panic attack in the car on the phone with my dad because I was just so shaken up and completely heart broken that I had hurt the deer but I was ok physically. I didn’t get out to check my car because it was the middle of the night on an highway, but it was still driving ok and I was right up the road from my home so I was able to make it back to our apartment in one piece. When I got out I was amazed at how little damage was actually done to the front of my car, only the headlight was cracked and the hood was dented just a little (this gave me hope that maybe I didn’t kill the deer but that’s probably just me being delusional…) In the end, it could have been much worse and Dt had his work cut out for him when I arrived home an emotional wreck but it was not a good ending to my night. And my lovely family has taken to referring to me as the “deer hunter.” Thanks jerks, real sensitive!

Today I had my last day off until Christmas so I had to get all of my shopping done. Luckily I had most of it finished besides the last minute things that I’m buying from my work. I was able to pick up a lot of camping things for Tucker’s stocking as well as a cool belt that I think he will like. That kid hit the jackpot this year. I also picked up a few stocking stuffers for Amy and have figured out what I’m getting dad so I’m pretty much done. Just have to wrap everything, pack for Christmas and our trip to see my Grandmom in Philadelphia after Christmas, and get through the next three days of work.

After all of our errands (did I mention that Dt didn’t go into work today so I got to spend the whole day with him? Yesssss!), we came home and I finally broke out my new ice cream maker. I haven’t used it yet because we don’t normally have half and half or heavy cream in the house but I finally picked some up. So for my first batch I decided to make vanilla ice cream with peppermint fudge and candy cane chunks in it. It is going to be sooo good and I know this because I may or may not have tasted it like 8 times while it was mixing. What do you expect from me? While I’m excited for my holiday ice cream, Dt is absolutely not. Now if you remember, a few posts ago I mentioned that I was not going to take into account what flavor Dt wanted because I was bitter about our lack of gift exchange, but being the big softie that I am, I took pity on the poor guy and decided to make him some plain vanilla. So they are freezing as we speak and hopefully they turn out delicious (or dericious as Dt and I say…)

Hope you’re enjoying these last few days before Christmas and you avoid all of the crazy deer on the side of the road (wouldn’t wish that traumatizing situation on anyone!) Merry Christmas y’all!






No comments:

Post a Comment