Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

Can y'all believe tomorrow is Christmas! Crazy! This month just flew by didn't it? Since this will probably be my last post for about a week because I'm heading to Philly to see my Grandmom after Christmas, I figured I'd leave you with a few pictures of the things that I've been up to this month and the last few days.

As I've said recently, I got an ice cream maker for Christmas (thanks to Dt sorta...) and have been experimenting with it so I thought I'd show you what I was working with!


I love it and it comes with two bowls so we don't have to wait to refreeze the main one!

I also bought some of these ingredients to make some of our first flavors

And yes, I bought a basting brush and that has nothing to do with my ice cream but it was part of the purchase so I thought it was rude to leave it out!
 I ended up using the vanilla starter, then mixed in two spoonfuls of the fudge and a couple shakes of the snow and it turned out great! It def gives Baskin Robbins' peppermint ice cream a run for its money. I also made just plain vanilla for Dt out of sugar, milk, cream, and vanilla and it turned out pretty good too. Overall, this gift was a success!

Another exciting thing that has happened this past week is that I got this lovely box in the mail!


I haven't had the chance to try any of the things yet but I'll do a review once I do!

And remember my post about the sugar scrubs I made and decorated for Dt's fam? Well this is how they turned out!

Sorry about the crappy pic, I'm not a photographer...
Pretty cute, eh? I think I made that ugly jar much better! I found the recipe on pinterest and you can find it here!

As I've been shopping for Christmas gifts over the last few days, I've also been picking up stocking stuffers for my brother and sister. Over the last few years, we've started helping my parents (or Santa) stuff our stockings and I really enjoy it because I love finding these fun little things. It also gives me the ability to give more gifts which you know I love. So this is what I've found for Tucker

Clockwise from  top left: I got him a small stuff sack which he can carry in his big bag but packs down so it's easy to carry. Then we got him this fire starter gel which will allow him to start a fire anywhere even if it's been raining. Hopefully he practices fire safety... The next thing is a really cool patagonia belt which is his actual present but accidentally fell into the stocking stuffer pic. Oh well! Then I got him a free sticker from the store where all this gear came from. Next are just some eating utensils, figured the boy could practice some manners out in the woods. Then we have some body warmers and last but definitely not least is a first aid kit, just in case!
I think he is really going to enjoy all of this stuff and worst case scenario, at least he'll be better prepared for his trips into the mountains!

Next we have Miss Amelia Bedelia and her stocking stuffers

We have a hot pink lint roller, you always need one when you don't have one! Some multi colored bobby pins, a chocolate sampler (I also got one for Tucker), two mini candles, a cupcake corer (may or may not have gotten one for me, I tried to be strong...), a new make up brush (you can never have enough), and finally a really cool eye shadow palette from e.l.f. I'm sort of hoping she doesn't want that one because I will totally take it from her!
So I think I found some fun goodies to stuff their stockings with and those kids better return the favor!

And last but not least, I gave Dt his final Christmas present (he still didn't make it until the actual day to open it...) You may or may not remember that our Tigers recently won the ACC championship and I was lucky enough to find a boy who is as obnoxiously obsessed with Clemson as I am so of course I had to buy the kid a t-shirt to document the event.

It says Another clemson championship. 14 times! How many y'all got? 
I thought it was pretty funny and a smidge obnoxious but hey, we have to represent in gamecock country. As you can see, he was pretty excited about it too...

Isn't he cute? SO excited!
So that's my recap and I hope it will keep you entertained until I get back in a week or so. Have a merry Christmas everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment