Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekend recap


Hey, Hey, Hey! It’s been a few days since I blogged because I’ve been working my not so little bootay off! I’m telling you, working in retail is harder than you’d ever believe. An 8-hour workday is what all of my young professional friends who have real jobs (ahem Mary Todd) work on a daily basis so I shouldn’t complain, but this girl is going to complain for a second. Standing for 8 hours at a time is really hard!!! Usually I enjoy my shifts but yesterday left me in a really bad mood and in a lot of pain. People keep saying the pain in my feet and back will go away but I’ve been doing this long-shift thing for a month now and am in just as much pain. Any suggestions??? Hopefully tomorrow will be better (and the head honcho who is visiting our store will be nice, leave, and all of the managers will calm down a bit) and I’ll remember why I like working there.

In other news, this weekend Mr. Dt was nice enough to accompany me to a “stock the bar” engagement party for one of my friends. The friend who the party was for was one of the girls in my cohort in graduate school. Our cohort was very unique in the fact that we took all of the same classes together every day (sometimes for 6 hours a day) for two years straight, then would hang out in a group after class. We got to know each other very well and at times it was a little overbearing but after graduation we weren’t forced to see each other every day so it became harder and harder to stay as close as we were. Luckily, we enjoy a good party now and then and we can get together, catch up, and talk about our favorite subject, COUNSELING! While we enjoy these encounters, they can be a little difficult for our lovely significant others who are forced to come along and listen to all of our ridic counseling stories. Sometimes Dt hangs out with my good friend Jennie’s bf but they weren’t there on Saturday so he was forced to listen to the girls gossip and catch up (sorry honey, but I’m glad you came!) I’m glad I got to stop by even if it was for a short amount of time (I had worked all day and had to work the next morning so getting drunk was not an option despite what my lovely friends tried to convince me of) and I loved getting to see some of the girls I miss hanging out with. I also bought them a cool drink shaker and strainer from good ole’ Williams-Sonoma, holla holla!

And last but not least, has anyone else realized that Christmas is like two weeks away?!? When did that happen? I mean, the store I work at has been thoroughly decked out in xmas stuff for weeks but my house, embarrassingly enough, has really been lacking in decorations. See, I have this thing, where I’m broke… so all of the pretty Christmas decorations that I want for our apt are usually out of my budget. Over the years, I’ve accumulated some decorations but nothing close to what I want to have and I haven’t put any of them out! I know, I know, what is wrong with me? I love the holidays and I’m all about getting into the spirit but I’ve just whiffed this year. One last confession… we don’t even have our tree yet. For shame! I know! But I work late almost every night so when Dt is available to buy it, I’m working and vice versa so we are still tree-less. The problem now is that I can’t decide if we should even get one at this point. I’m currently enjoying my only day off this week and don’t know if I’ll have another one between now and Christmas where I’ll have the energy to decorate the tree. I know this makes me seem like a Grinch but when I think about dancing around our tree in the corner with Christmas lights 62 times (because I like a lot of lights and I want it done my way which means Dt can’t do it much to his dismay) I get overwhelmed. And finally, this year Dt got his way and opened his Christmas present weeks ago (a story I will address in my next post), which means we don’t even have anything to really put under our tree! Sadsies. So, I’m torn. To tree or not to tree? We shall see…

Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment