Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Gifts!!!


My favorite part of Christmas is the gift giving! Yes, everyone loves presents but I get a real thrill of picking out the perfect gift for someone and I’m a big believer in giving multiple presents. For example, last year I got Dt a north face duffel, a tennis racket, a few movies, yada yada yada. I just go all out, what can I say? I don’t know why, but sometimes I’m just hit with an awesome gift idea (I’m full of awesomeness if you didn’t know…) and I have to make it happen. Now, this is very difficult to do on a small budget so I usually only shower my family and Dt with these presents but I’d love to be able to expand my gift giving circle one day. Anywhooooo, this year I’ve dropped the ball on gifting ideas (as well as my decorating, what is wrong with me?!? I’ll blame it on the fact that this is the first year in the last 20 that I haven’t been going through final exams on my way to Christmas break so I’ve just let all of this creep up on me. Oh the woes of finally being done with school.) Either way, I’ve let it come down to the last minute and I’m not a fan of that because it means that I’ll be forced to give some shitty last minute gift. Not going to happen, so I’ve been putting a lot of brainpower into gifting over the last few days and have come up with some great ideas! Since my entire family has yet to discover my blog (i.e. I haven’t really told anyone about it yet because I’m not sure how I feel about it…) I can share with you what I’m giving them!

One lucky betch will be receiving 6 months of this lovely service!

Birchbox


She may or may not also be getting this from my parents even though I picked it out. I just thought she would love it (and her sorority sisters will love her for sharing it in their kitchen) so I picked it out for her, from them. Make sense?

Williams-Sonoma


Mama G has for some reason fallen for the jeggings craze. It seems that her BFF was sporting a pair at a recent Christmas party and mom told dad on the way home that she just had to get some (now I have to factor in the wine consumption that I’m assuming happened at the Christmas party but I think she really does want a pair. She’s always looking for ways to be stylin' and profilin'!) Dad mentioned this lovely idea to me but he had no idea what they were called or what the concept even was so just imagine the hilarious convo that we had trying to discover that the item he was describing were the lovely jeggings! I will prob end up calling mom’s BFF just to make sure that what she was wearing were actually jeggings but I’m pretty sure those are what she wants. So Mama G may be getting some of these



I mean come on, homegirl needs a pair of 7’s.


Then the little bro has asked for a plethora of movies including but not limited to the following






Pics from IMDB


Can you tell he’s an 18 year old boy? Gotta love ‘em! He’s also been asking for a belt which I might make happen if I can find a good one and if not, I’ll supplement his movies with something from this store because little bro has taken to camping with his friends (read: getting drunk in the woods with no parents around).



To round to the good ole’ fam out is daddy-o, maybe the hardest person to shop for… he’s asked for one of these babies

Williams-Sonoma


Which I will get him but is kinda lame so I still need ideas for this man!

And last but not least, is the lovely boyfrand. But there’s a problem, as I said in my last post, he has already opened his present. The story goes something like this….
You see, my bf is like a four year old in many lovable ways including the fact that he can’t wait to open presents until Christmas, or his birthday, or anyone’s birthday. This means that he tries to get me to open my bday gifts from him early and badgers me for weeks before Christmas to exchange our gifts early. Every other year, I hold strong and put off gift opening until as close to Christmas as I can get his little heart to wait but this year, I got tricked!!! You see, as I’ve mentioned many times on this blog, I work in retail. This means that on black Friday I was forced to work, which for some reason meant Dt wanted to go shopping. We never do black Friday. But I’ve led myself to believe that he did this because he was so lonely without me. Poor guy. Anyway, I’m not sure if he actually bought anything for anyone besides himself. He bought some video game that had just come out and decided that it was going to be my present for him. Did you catch that? He took all of the fun out of my gift giving by picking out and purchasing his video game without consulting me. I think he did this because he couldn’t come to terms with spending that much money on the game himself, but that he would be spending around that much on me so it would all even out. Ummm, except that I didn’t get to pick it out or even pick it up! Yes, sad, but I got over that. Until one day I came home from work and he was hard core gaming with his new game! What?!?!?! It wasn’t even December yet! Heart is crushed. So my favorite part of Christmas with him was savagely ripped from me and I don’t know what to do now (which may be why I have yet to purchase a Christmas tree…) I was also forced to buy my own Christmas present for myself (because I got the discount from my store) which was super lame but I did end up with one of these babies!

Williams-Sonoma


Once I purchase some half and half and freeze one of those bowls, I will have lovely homemade ice cream in whatever flavor I choose (and dt will get zero input in the first batch or two because I’m bitter. Ha!)

I’m sure I will end up getting Dt something small to go along with his dumb video game but I haven’t come up with anything cool yet. So, I think I’m well on my way and at least my family members will be pleasantly surprised on Christmas morning.

What am I asking for you want to know?

Just one of these

Michael Kors


Isn’t it purrrrrty?

As well as one of these

Target


Which is so random but I grew up taking piano lessons (didn’t appreciate it then, hated practicing) and I recently decided that I’d like to take up piano playing again. Of course my apt is way too small for a full sized piano so something like this would fill the void.

And that’s my current gift guide! I think I’m slowly getting excited for Christmas… Also, work was much better today than Monday which was good. My boss' boss and her boss both came to the store today which is why everyone was so freaked out and the attitudes where at an all time high earlier this week but the visit went well and they told my manager that I was doing a great job. Yea! So that was nice and hopefully things will get back to normal after today. 

Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment